Honey Cake Recipe
Make this Honey Cake recipe to celebrate the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist. Click the button below if you would like to learn more about this saint and why we celebrate this feast day.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup Honey
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Powdered Sugar, for serving
- Assorted Fruit, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9” round cake pan with parchment and grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat butter and honey together until butter is smooth and mixture is light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add almond extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until just barely combined, then add yogurt and beat until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out on to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Use a sifter to dust with powdered sugar.
- Top with fruit, if desired.