Soul Cakes Recipe
Make this Soul Cakes recipe to celebrate the feast day of All Souls. Click the button below if you would like to learn more about why we celebrate this feast day.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup currants, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Sift the flour into another bowl with the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and then add to the butter, sugar and egg yolk mixture.
- Add enough milk to make a soft dough, similar to scones.
- Stir in the currants, if using.
- Roll the dough out and cut out little cakes with a biscuit cutter.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- With a knife, gently mark each cake with a little cross.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
How To Make Soul Cakes
*Note: You must be logged in to save the recipe.